If a grid displays above it, you can export the data in the grid to a spreadsheet.
To export data to a Microsoft® Excel® (XLS or XLSX) file, do the following:
- Click at the top of the grid.
- Select one of the export options to export all grid data or export a blank grid that you can use as a template for importing data into Tax.
- Create blank sample of this grid as a spreadsheet
- Export this grid to a spreadsheet with all data entered
- Enter the path and name of the spreadsheet, or click Browse to navigate to the location of the spreadsheet. The spreadsheet may have an .xls or an .xlsx extension.
- Click Export to begin the export process and display a log summary of the export status.
- Select one or more options for handling the log summary.
- Select Launch Excel when export is complete to open the exported data or template after finishing the export.
- Click Copy to place the log on the clipboard to be pasted into another program.
- Click Print to send the log to your print device.
- Click Details to view the Detail Log.
- Click Finish. The return ID, worksheet name, and section name are included at the top of the spreadsheet.