You can export K-1 data to a spreadsheet from the return types and entities shown in the following table. Please note that the data that is exported varies for the different return types.
|Return Type||Entities for Whom Data is Exported||Data that can be Exported|
|Partnership||Partners||K-1 data, ratios, amount allocations,
Schedule K overrides, K-1 footnotes
|Fiduciary||Beneficiaries||K-1 data, K-1 footnotes|
To export K-1 data to a spreadsheet, do the following:
- Open the Partnership, S Corporation, or Fiduciary return for which you want to export K-1 data.
- Select K-1 Data > K-1 to Spreadsheet in the Export group on the Import / Export tab.
If needed, click Browse to navigate to and select a different location where the export file should be saved.
- Select the data types to export. The default selections and options vary based on the type of return from which you are exporting data.
- K-1 data. Exports Schedule K-1 data without rounding for Partnership and S Corporation.
- Ratio. Exports Schedule K-1 data without rounding for Partnership and S Corporation.
- Amount allocations. Exports Schedule K-1 data without rounding for Partnership and S Corporation.
- Schedule K overrides. Exports Schedule K Totals Overrides without rounding consisting for Partnership S Corporation.
- K-1 footnotes. Exports Schedule K-1 footnotes for Partnership, S Corporation, and Fiduciary.
- Click Copy to copy the log summary to the Clipboard.
- Click Print to print the summary.
- Click Details to view more information about the export.