Drilling Down to Source Data from Government Forms
Tax return drill downs are links that take you to the source or multiple sources for the selected government form field's data. Drill downs trace a computed or transferred value to its originating tax data.
A government form drill down can link you to either of the following:
- Another government form field
- A drill down form An intermediary form linking government form data to another drill down form or a worksheet. Drill down forms do not allow data entry. field. A drill down form field can link you to either of the following:
- Another drill down form field
- A worksheet form field
Drill down is available on certain federal government form fields. When drill down is possible, a blue down arrow displays on the right side of the field. You can do any of the following to drill down:
- Double-click the field.
- Click the blue down arrow,, in the field.
- Select the field and click in the Navigation group on the Home ribbon.
To return to the previous form field, click in the Navigation group on the Home ribbon, or right-click the field and select Go Back from the menu.