You can secure data from an open tax return in the following ways:
- Password protect. Require other staff to enter a password before opening a return.
- Prohibit changes. Allow other staff to open or review a return but not edit or calculate.
To secure or clear security for an existing return, do the following:
- From an open return, click in the Security group on the Manage tab.
- Do one of the following:
- Secure a return. Enter and confirm a password of one to eight letters or numbers to secure the return. Special characters (for example, !, @, #, spaces) are not allowed.
- Clear security. Click Remove Password to clear the password and remove the security.
From an open return, select Prohibit Changes in the Security group on the Manage tab. The return history is updated. To allow changes to the return, clear Prohibit Changes.