Exporting K-1 Data to Other Returns
You can export K-1 data from Partnership, S Corporation, and Fiduciary returns so the data can then be imported into other returns. The return types that you can export K-1 data to are as follows:
|Data exported from this return type....||Can be imported into these types of returns...|
|Partnership||Individual, Partnership, Corporation, S Corporation, or Fiduciary|
|S Corporation||Individual or Fiduciary|
|Fiduciary||Individual, Partnership, Corporation, S Corporation, or Fiduciary|
To export K-1 data for import into another return, do the following:
- Open the Partnership, S Corporation, or Fiduciary return that you want to export data from.
- Select K-1 Data > K-1 to Other Returns in the Export group on the Import / Export tab.
- Examine the validation log summary and make your selections for handling the log. You can choose to copy or print the validation log, or click Details to view more information.
- If there are no errors, click Export to display the Export status window. If there are errors, do one of the following:
- To correct the errors and repeat the export process, click Cancel.
- To proceed with errors, click Export .
- Make your selections for handling the export log summary. You can choose to copy or print the validation log, or click Details to view more information.
- Click Finish.