Using TaxTransfer to Import Data into Tax Returns
TaxTransfer offers a way for your firm to perform batch imports of data from XML files into Tax returns. You can import data into any Tax Worksheet View field that is accessible in a 2011 tax year or later return. You can also perform batch exports with TaxTransfer.
You can do any of the following with a TaxTransfer data import:
- Create new returns for new clients
- Create new returns for existing clients
- Update existing returns
- Create new versions of existing returns
The following resources are available to help your firm configure and use TaxTransfer:
- The TaxTransfer User Guide contains information to help your firm's programmers prepare XML files for import. It also describes the import options that are available in TaxTransfer and provides a basic workflow for performing an import.
- Three schema documents, TaxDataImportOptions.xsd, TaxDataExportOptions.xsd, and Payload.xsd, provide additional information your firm can use to configure imports and exports. These schema documents are at the following location on the computer where the OIK is installed: C:\Program Files (x86)\WK\ProSystem fx Suite\Smart Client\SaaS\IXResources.
- The help files provided with the OIK contain information about invoking the APIs used for TaxTransfer imports and exports.