Quick Search displays results in the
Return Manager includes default filters that are used to limit the returns that display in the selected view. You can also customize the filters that display on the Quick Search panel by adding or removing both default and optional filters. The only filter that cannot be removed is Client ID/Name. Your selected filters are saved for future searches.
The following filters display by default:
- Tax year
- Return status
(Return status is the value that is passed to Workstream.)
- Return type
- Last activity
- Return group
- Click Add Filter and select an available option from the list. Your selection is added as a Quick Search filter. The system retains added filters, so they can be used the next time you open Return Manager.
- Select another value for the filter, if needed.
Customize Filtersand select or clear options to add or remove filters.
- Add the applicable column to the Return Manager grid, if needed, to display results for the new filter, such as the Federal e-file Status column.
See Selecting Columns in a Grid for more information.
- Federal, state, city, and FBAR electronic filing statuses
- Federal extension status
- Year end (fiscal year end date)
Do the following to filter the returns that display in the grid:
- Click Returns on the navigation panel and, if needed, expand Quick Search to display the available filters. Your last used filter values are selected; otherwise, All is selected.
- Do any of the following, as applicable:
- Federal, State, City, and FBAR e-file statuses. Select All or select a specific value. When filtering for a specific status in returns with multiple electronically filed states or cities, the results can display returns with statuses you did not specify. For example, if one electronically filed state is accepted and another state is rejected, when you search for Accepted, the results will display Rejected because one state is accepted and the Rejected status is of higher importance. When there are multiple statuses for a return, you can hover over the results to display the status for each unit in the return. Show me.
- For more information about e-file status, see Reviewing Electronic Filing Status.
- Year end. Enter a specific fiscal year end date and select Equals to include only results for that value or select Does not equal include all results except for that value. This is useful for displaying calendar vs. non-calendar year end returns. The Year end default is equal to a blank value, which is the same logic as All.
- All other filters. Select All or select a specific value from any of the remaining filters.
- Click Go to display returns matching your selected criteria in the grid.
Saving Search Results as a View
After your Quick Search results display in the grid, click Save View As in the Grid View group on the Home tab to save the settings as a new private or shared view. The selected filters will be saved as the view criteria. The criteria for a view can then be reviewed or edited using the View Definition window. See Copying a View for more information.